Francis Parker School Francis Parker School
About Francis Parker School:
Francis Parker School is a coeducational independent day school in San Diego, California with 1310 students in grades JK-12. Founded in 1912, the school’s mission is “to create and inspire a diverse community of independent thinkers whose academic excellence, global perspective and strength of character prepare them to make a meaningful difference in the world.” Francis Parker School has two campuses in close proximity. One in Mission Hills (Lower School JK-5), and a second in Linda Vista (Middle and Upper School 6-8 and 9-12, respectively).
The primary goal of the Transportation Department is to ensure all students receive the safest transportation possible. School bus drivers will transport students to and from school and other activities.
This posting is an opportunity for those interested in participating in a training program to become a Certified School Bus Driver. There is no experience necessary and the training time is paid!
After completing the training requirements and passing the certification process, trainees will be considered for any open driver positions; however, an offer of employment as a driver is not guaranteed.
Must be available for training multiple hours a day at various hours. Training hours will be between the hours of 6:00 am – 6:00 pm.
What to expect:
● 23-25 hours of classroom instruction by State Certified School Bus Instructors
● Support on passing DMV written test
● 30-40 hours of Behind-the-Wheel Training by State Certified School Bus Instructors
● Support on passing CHP written and driver test
· Must have a valid California Driver’s License. Any moving citations or chargeable accidents in the applicant’s driving history within 37 calendar months prior to the application date will be evaluated and may be considered disqualifying.
· Must pass alcohol and controlled substance test
· Must clear fingerprinting requirements
· Must be 21years old
· Must have personality and character traits suited to supervision and care of children of multiple ethnicities and cultural values
· Have the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle
· Have the ability to follow written and oral instructions
· Have the ability to communicate effectively
Salary and Benefits:
The hourly training rate is $16/hour. This position is not eligible for benefits.
Francis Parker School values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to unlawful considerations of race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, creed, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Please email Cindy Zwartjes, Transportation Manager, at [email protected] to request employment and supplemental applications.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org