Francis Parker School
About Francis Parker School:
Francis Parker School is a coeducational independent day school in San Diego, California with 1310 students in grades JK-12. Founded in 1912, the school’s mission is “to create and inspire a diverse community of independent thinkers whose academic excellence, global perspective and strength of character prepare them to make a meaningful difference in the world.” Francis Parker School has two campuses in close proximity. One in Mission Hills (Lower School JK-5), and a second in Linda Vista (Middle and Upper School 6-8 and 9-12, respectively).
Francis Parker School is currently seeking an Assistant Girls Sand Volleyball Coach.
The Assistant Coach works under the direct supervision of the Head Coach and the Athletic Director as well as the general supervision of the Head of the Upper School. The Assistant Coach is expected to provide the Head Coach with assistance as it pertains to planning, organizing, and supervision of a comprehensive interscholastic program, and to carry out the objectives of the total school athletic program.
Assistant coaches are expected to have had previous successful varsity or junior varsity coaching experience, and experience in playing the sport at the collegiate or high school level. The Assistant Coach is expected to be a positive role model and is expected to maintain effective communication with athletes, school administration, staff, students, parents and the community.
● Previous successful coaching experience at the varsity or junior varsity level within the previous four years.
● Collegiate level playing experience in this sport is highly desirable with high school level playing experience expected as a minimum requirement.
● Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to implement effective coaching theory, strategies, and techniques appropriate for high school athletes.
● Ability to motivate student athletes to participate and sustain their interests in the program.
● Demonstrate proper sportsmanship and respect for players, officials, opponents, fans, and other coaches.
● Maintain good public relations and cooperative relationships with media, parents, officials, students, staff and school administration.
● Serve as a positive role model for students, coaching staff, and the Parker community.
● Work effectively with student-athletes of varying abilities, and cultural backgrounds to instill commitment, discipline, and teamwork.
● Demonstrate knowledge of and adhere to and keep abreast of NFHS, CIF and League rules.
● Assume responsibility for inventory, selection and care of equipment.
● Assume responsibility for proper care of the school facilities.
● Responsible for the supervision of all students affiliated with the team.
● Report injuries to administration and training staff in a timely manner.
● Adhere to Coach job functions as listed in the Coaches Handbook as well as general policies of the school.
● Availability to coach during summers and vacation periods.
● CPR, Concussion and First-Aid Certified (or be willing to get certified upon hire)
● Valid California driver’s license (or be willing to obtain upon hire)
Other Job Duties:
● Assist the Athletic Director in developing game schedules, practice schedules, facilities use, transportation needs, and the program budget.
● Transport team(s) as needed to and from practice competition sites using school provided vehicles.
● Requisition supplies, materials, and equipment as needed and as approved by the Athletic Director.
● Provide game results to the Communications staff and Athletic Director; keep season and game-by-game statistics and records; provide statistical reports to the Athletic Director as needed and/or requested.
● Provide statistical information to CIF upon request.
● Provide statistical information, video, etc. to college recruiters upon request.
● Adhere to CIF Ethical Guidelines for Coaches and the school’s code of conduct.
● Adhere to Francis Parker School Coaches Handbook.
● Apply discipline in a positive, firm and consistent manner according to school policy and the mission of the athletic department.
● Other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director.
2/12/22 through 4/23/22 (may be extended based on CIF tournament qualification)
Francis Parker School values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to unlawful considerations of race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
A cover letter, resume, and completed employment application should be submitted electronically to:
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org