Francis Parker School
Exciting Opportunity at Francis Parker School in San Diego, California
Francis Parker School is seeking an enthusiastic, dedicated, and passionate educator who shares its core values: Students First, Academic Excellence, Global Perspective, Strength of Character, Inclusive Community, and No Limit to Better. Collegial and collaborative, Parker faculty create a learning environment that is dynamic and engaging. Parker faculty are content and pedagogical experts who invest in professional growth generously supported by the School. Importantly, Parker’s unswerving commitment to being a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community creates a culture of respect for all.
If Parker’s values and school culture resonate with you, we encourage you to consider this opportunity.
About Francis Parker School:
Francis Parker School is a coeducational independent day school in San Diego, California with 1310 students in grades JK-12. Founded in 1912, the school’s mission is “to create and inspire a diverse community of independent thinkers whose academic excellence, global perspective and strength of character prepare them to make a meaningful difference in the world.” Francis Parker School has two campuses in close proximity. One in Mission Hills (Lower School JK-5), and a second in Linda Vista (Middle and Upper School 6-8 and 9-12, respectively).
Francis Parker School is seeking a long- term substitute Mandarin teacher to teach five sections of Mandarin and serve as an advisor in our Middle School. The position will start immediately and continue through January 7, 2022.
Daily classroom instruction; including planning and teaching a challenging course of study in a developmentally appropriate manner, with experience in differentiating instruction
Prioritizing and examining inclusive curricula, teaching practice and environment
Ongoing communication and conferencing with parents
Advising and mentoring a group of students in our life skills program
Conferencing with students and colleagues as required
Weekly collaboration with teaching partners to maintain and develop consistency within course offerings
Active participation in the curricular improvement of the department
· Willingness to initiate or participate in co-curricular activities such as Science Olympiad, Global Education Trips/Discovery Week, Camp, Math Team, or Coaching Athletics
· A degree and preferably a teaching certificate in Mandarin.
· The ability to passionately and effectively teach both Middle and upper School Mandarin.
· The ability to serve as an advisor and mentor to Middle School students
· A strong and sincere commitment to professional development both in pedagogy and content area
· Multicultural curriculum development and culturally responsive teaching experience is preferred
· Strong interpersonal and cultural competency skills when working with students, parents, faculty, and School leadership
· High standards and high expectations for students
· Commitment to being a positive and contributing member of the professional community
· A love of children, a passionate commitment to the study of Mandarin, and a desire to work with all types of learners
· Extraordinary communication and presentation skills
· A proficiency in the use of technology, especially the technology needed for remote learning.
· A desire to work in a highly collaborative environment
Francis Parker School values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to unlawful considerations of race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, creed, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Salary and Benefits:
The long-term sub rate is $225 per day. This position is not eligible for benefits.
A cover letter, resume, transcripts and application should be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com